Our reputation as one of the premier pipeline terminal companies doesn’t just stop at the facilities. We hire and cultivate great employees that work together to achieve our goals. Our management communicates, listens, and cares about our employees. We offer competitive compensation, great health benefits, 401k, and a collaborative team oriented working environment. Working at LHT is not just a job it is a career. Click the link to see what opportunities await.
Full Time Manual Labor
Position: Terminal Operator (LHT)
Department: Terminal Operations, Lucknow-Highspire Terminals
Location: Dupont, PA
This position is specific to our Lucknow-Highspire Terminals LLC (LHT) business.
The Terminal Operator is responsible for performing safe and environmentally compliant bulk petroleum product transfer operations associated with receiving, storing, blending and loading of combustible and flammable liquids.
Terminal operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Terminal Operators may be required to work shifts including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Daily responsibilities include but not limited to operating and maintaining equipment associated with product transfers; inventory control; terminal security; facility maintenance and housekeeping. The position requires the ability to learn and perform all tasks in accordance with company HES policies and procedures, local, state and government regulations.
- Monitor the receipt of product; perform gauging duties in accordance with accepted quality control routines; ensures safe storage and distribution of product from vessels, pipelines, tanks and loading racks.
- Operates terminal vehicles including but not limited to forklifts, yard equipment and truck with plow attachments in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Operate, maintain and repair motors, pumps, valves and other equipment associated with bulk handling of petroleum liquids.
- Perform office and clerical work as required including input of inventories and meter totals into appropriate automated systems.
- Perform routine facility maintenance as needed including but not limited to painting, general housekeeping, snow removal and grounds upkeep.
- Understands and reacts accordingly to defined emergency response procedures.
- Able to work scheduled shift and capable of working overtime as required by terminal operations
- Work in variety of environmental conditions (extreme cold/heat, humidity, wind, rain,
snow, ice, etc.).
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, etc. for extended periods of time
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and grasp
- Occasionally required to climb to and maneuver at heights of approximately 80-100 ft.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- High School or GED equivalent required
- Trade School Diploma preferred
- Mechanical aptitude demonstrated by previous experience in related trade required
- Previous experience and knowledge handling petroleum products or prior experience with bulk processing industry operating pumps, meters and proportion equipment preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must either have or be able to qualify for a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- Good verbal and communication skills, being able to communicate with local management, customers, contractors and peers
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Basic computer skills
About Gulf & LHT
Gulf Oil, a private equity portfolio of ArcLight Capital Partners, has been a recognized brand in energy since 1901. Currently headquartered in Wellesley Hills, MA, Gulf Oil is a diverse and growing midstream company.
This position is specific to our Lucknow-Highspire Terminals LLC (LHT) business. LHT is a terminaling and wholesale petroleum products company based in Middletown, Pennsylvania with operations including 11 terminal locations and over 9 million barrels of storage in Pennsylvania. LHT provides integrated terminaling, storage, and related services in the storage, distribution, and marketing of light refined petroleum products, and renewable fuels.
Our employees have outstanding expertise and experience in all areas of energy, fuel, and logistics and we are focused on hiring and developing the best talent to help us move forward. Come join us! To apply, click here.
Gulf Oil is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected status.
Gulf Oil does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Company will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed “Employment Agency Agreement” already on file with Human Resources.